Current dandruff products do not work for everyone. Hairsanity is created with the # 1 Dermatologist recommended ingredient for scalp dryness & itch. It is formulated for every type of hair, regardless of ethnicity or gender.Shop Now
Welcome to Hairsanity
Rebecca Kazin, MD, FAAD
Johns Hopkins Trained Dermatologist
Creator of HairSanity
Our products are covered under an OTC monograph system where certain active ingredients are approved for use by the FDA as GRAS (generally recognized as safe).
hairsanity uses active ingredients that are monographed by the FDA, specifically hydrocortisone acetate, which is found in the external analgesic monograph and salicylic acid, which is found in the dandruff monograph.
Both are safe and effective and hairsanity is diligent about following all regulatory guidelines.
The hairsanity System addresses the flakes and scalp issues completely differently from most of the other products on the market which only use zinc pyrithione.
Our active ingredients are hydrocortisone acetate in Step 1 and salicylic acid in Step 2. Two separate products. Both are categorized as safe and effective.
Salicylic acid is in the dandruff OTC monograph and hydrocortisone acetate is in the external analgesic OTC monograph.
With respect to cosmetics, aesthetics, look and feel, hairsanity uses a proprietary combination of ingredients including extracts of the alp rose, oat kernel, sea whip, and willow bark.
- Simply apply a quarter-sized amount of hairsanity Step 1 to the top of the head and another quarter-sized amount to the sides of wet hair and scalp.
- Add additional water and cleanser for increased lather. Massage lather into scalp and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Follow up with hairsanity Step 2 by gently massaging hairsanity Step 2 into scalp and work through hair to the ends. Leave on 30 seconds for normal hair and 2-3 minutes for damaged and/or processed hair. Rinse with warm water, dry and style as usual.
- Use daily when symptomatic or a minimum of 3 times per week for maintenance.
All hair types:
- Normal, dry, oily, frizzy, thin, thick. long or short.
- You can use if you color, highlight, perm, straighten, or braid your hair.
- You can use if you don't have flakes but just have itching or scalp sensitivity.
If you typically wash your hair 3 times per week or less, use with every wash. If not effective, increase frequency of hair washing until symptoms resolve then go back to prior washing frequency.
Anyone can benefit from using hairsanity- including older children and teens!
Hairsanity addresses the scalp and the hair differently than other products on the market. Most of the competitive products address the scalp with zinc pyrithione and many contain sulfates and parabens. We take a completely different approach.
Hairsanity products are:
• Zinc Pyrithione Free
• Sulfate Free
• Paraben Free
We offer free shipping to all our customers in the United States. Fast and safe delivery to your doorstep. Can't get any better.
We offer hassle free 30 day return policy. Contact us anytime if you have any issue with the order.